Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Fence

Last week, I ordered 35m of 1.8m high paling fence. Last weekend, I managed to put up most of it. Enough to secure the property.

The old fence posts that were concreted in were easily removed using my crane. I hooked up the posts and up came they came complete with a bulb of concrete. Wack, wack with the sledge hammer and the concrete fell off. I love my crane.

For the posts, I needed concrete. I didn't have a mixer, and didn't want to rent or buy one, so I invented one - kind of. I used a old brew kit plastic barrel. It seemed to work fairly well after I got the hang of it. I filled it up with the ingredients and just rolled it around the yard - probably only for a couple of minutes. It made around 10 or so litres of concrete per batch.


1 comment:

deb.chow said...

graham, what a nobstar! fork out the dosh and buy a mixer. surely, you'll need one building the house.
deb