Monday, December 14, 2009

Sashes

It is full steam ahead in installing the windows. I've finished the low ones and now I am installing the high ones. The high ones open inwards - called hopper windows. The idea is that I can easilly put in fly screen. It is really good how the windows can open up to beyond a horizontal position. This insures that maximum ventilation will be achieved. I'm using decking to cover up the voids for the electrical.

The fixed stays are really forgiving in the sense that the gap around of the window can vary quite a bit and still work.



Here are my living room viewing windows. A fantastic view of kids as well as sometimes parents who do No1 and 2s behind the gardeners shed - gasp! I'm thinking and hoping that they might choose another shed to do their business.


Mean while, the carpenters have started the easy task of putting in the door jambs and beading.

No comments: