Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blocking

I started some serious block removal today... and I encountered a problem with my gantry. Too much load and it warps! I had to use the car to assist me in lifting one of the blocks - even though the pulley system was 1:6 ratio. The beam warped and it was impossible to move. Eventually after a few more really heavy blocks, the beam started to fail. I think this was more to do with the pressure on the stays after man handling the gantry around. This DIY block grab I made really seems to do it job. It is an easy way to move sand stone.


I put a brick on one of the stones to give an idea of how big these stones are.

I decided to build a simple tripod to replace my gantry - lift and place on trolley.

Unfortunately the really big ones cause the trolley to bend. I think I have decided to just leave the big one for the bobcat to move. You can also see todays progress - one of the rear rooms.

No comments: