Thursday, April 23, 2009

More forms, more money

Today I took a bunch of forms to council along with a bank cheque and a wad of notes. This time they didn't seem as organised as they have in the past. It took them a while to enter all the information into the computer, to find out how much I owed them. They weren't sure what a couple of the documents were that we'd been asked to provide. The person I was supposed to contact wasn't there. They thought I'd be able to take the approved construction certificate with me, but apparently it wasn't ready. Then when they sent me to the customer service counter to pay, I was quoted a different amount (they sorted it out quickly though). Apparently most builders don't use the council as their certifier.

Poor Louka quickly tired of the small number of Lego Duplo blocks provided to amuse kids, and she'd seen the architectural models before. But she was pretty good.

No comments: