Saturday, April 18, 2009

South Side Path Gone

I finished collecting my stack of blocks today - yay! I also made a healthy start on removing the concrete paths. I've mostly removed the path along the south side and managed to remove some of the brick foundations as well. I was thinking I might need to hire the jack hammer again for the foundations, but fortunately I was able to break it up with the trusty rusty crow bar.

It is getting dark early now. I had to wrap it up at 5:30pm. The Kimbriki recycling guys put me on the weigh bridge this morning - $34 instead of $11 - ouch. I was carrying 1.49 tons - just over my official carrying capacity.

One of the things about not having side braces with the gantry is that it allows one to walk it around. It does not detract too much from the strength since the feet firmly burrow themselves firmly into the ground.

The gantry and the block grab will certainly become handing in building a stone wall. I'll me able to simply lower the blocks effortlessly onto a layer of mortar.




No comments: