Thursday, February 12, 2009

11 Loads

I took today off to do some more brick work. I picked up 6 loads on Thursday. This includes most of the bricks I demolished on Monday. I took a picture of the brick pile at the recycling centre. They use the recycled bricks and concrete mainly as road base. A guy inspects each load to make sure it is of sufficient quality - ie no asbestos, organic matter or dirt.

I posted a question on a building forum regarding how much of a demolished building actually gets recycled. The answer is bugger all. The problem is is that during the demo, a 25 ton excavator mixes up the stuff too much so it becomes useless to anyone. The only difference between it and normal garbage is that it probably would not smell.

I loaded up 5 loads of bricks on Saturday. I spoke to the neighbour across the road (Chris) - he wanted 100 bricks for a path.




No comments: