Monday, February 2, 2009

Removing More Window Frames

I remembered to bring my camera today. I removed around 5 tons of bricks mainly around window and door frames.



He is some pictures demonstrating the jack technique to remove a door frame. Once you jack up the door frame, cracks will appear. You might have to wait a few minutes after pumping for the cracks to appear. The purpose of these cracks is to make it easy/possible to knock the bricks off. The bricks are held between each other. Take a small one hand mallet and gradually break the bricks off – one brick at a time style. For safety use an extension bar to jack up the jack and a sturdy ladder to wield your mallet.

I though about using a power tool, but it is not really worth it as one blow easily removes a few bricks. It took me about 5 minutes to remove the bricks below. Also there is less dust, noise and besides it is kind of fun.



No comments: