Thursday, September 24, 2009

making window jambs and a bad day

I've begun constructing the window jambs.


I've being a bit depressed lately. I've not being having a good day. Somehow a neighbour's window broke and the caretaker is blaming me or the carpenters. I can't work out what had occured.

I had a car accident where some guy reversed into me when I was turning right and my insurance company has not yet decided whos fault it is - be aware never make a right hand turn incase someone decides to suddenly reverse! I suspect the insurance company would rather me pay the excess rather than chase the other guy.

Some of the house measurements are going out. I still can't work out the problem but we are talking about the high windows being 400mm instead of 450mm. The carpenter not being experienced in this construction has doubled up on the framing somehow. The posts are supporting beams He put lintels in the frame but nothing is going to be resting on these lintels. The roof is going to be resting on the beams that span the posts.








No comments: