Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cement Driveway 2

Another day and another track in my drive way. My soil and sand mix seems to be working well. I get many questions in my unorthodox approach, but it all makes sense to me.

Full of over confidence, it was a late start and a late finish - 6:00 by the time I could do the broom finish.



I went for the full bag mix with the cement mixer. It strained and groaned and even stopped when I went to unload the mix into the wheel barrow.
Here are some pictures of the soil and cement mix - much like mortar.
I got Liz go go to Bunnings to get some ordinary cement. The frigging idiots there pointed her to Builder Cement (has fly ash for more workability), but I did not want that. I wanted a stiff mix with low slump. I really got annoyed with Bunnings poor customer service and Liz had to go back and then they gave her some cheek about what the difference is.





1 comment:

Liz + Louka said...

They didn't really point me to the Builders Cement, they just asked which I wanted. They said they were the same, just different brands (which they weren't) and one was finer than the other. So I just asked for the cheaper one.