Sunday, May 8, 2011

cement mixer

Just bought a cement mixer. A Bunnings Special - Ozito 4.4 cuft 370W 125L OZCM44A.

The reasons why I like this one are as follows:
1) Light enough for me to load it onto my ute by myself.
2) Seems to just take up less space then the other models.
3) Big, good for mixing compost with dirt for the garden.

I bought floor stock and I did not have to assemble it myself. However, I wondered whether I could make it even lighter by taking the drum off and this is how I did it...

1) Remove the fan casing and fan.

2) Using multigrips, stop the motor from free wheeling



3) Make up a "jig" as can see below using some timber just so you can get a grip on the bowl. The timber inside the drum is flared to grip the drum between it and the outer piece.



4) The important bit, rotate the drum off the right way. And this would be counter clockwise - just like taking a lid off a jar.

5) I took the time to grease the thread just so it will be easier to remove the drum in the future.

No comments: