Friday, January 2, 2009

Demolition Multiball

I've been busy, I'm alive and worn out. I can't wait to relax and get back to paid work for a few days. I'm having fun and the pictures below show what I have been up to.

You can see that I've put up my site security fence. Mike, my neighbour helped out. You can also see the temporary builders power. I also got a plumber to move the water meter and put in two garden taps. The gas was also removed. It is interesting that the gas comes through a clear plastic pipe that is protected using rusted metal plates.


I finished my back shed - well actually it is kind of an area that I can easily throw a tarp over. It works well - lots of ventilation when it is open. The toilet also works fine.

My new car fits down the side of the house - yay! It might not look too tight, but I had to bring in the side mirrors to fit. The car is great - 1.8m x 2.4m tray. 1.2 tons carry capacity and I can tow things as well. It is a diesel and you get 100km per 7.2L of fuel.

I found a 1965 edition of the sydney morning herald - going on about the Opera House.

I put the house tiles in the back room - I think there is around 6 tons of the things. My hands were killing me after moving them all. I moved them all into the back room because it was the only one with a concrete floor. I took a ton out to Kimbriki - they only charged me 11 dollars and they made me go through the weigh bridge.

I love exposed beams! All that lovely hardwood ready to be re-used. I find that over the years I have become less afraid of heights but my balance is degenerating. A recipe for disaster I'm sure. I think people are taking bets as to when I will seriously injure myself. But hey - I wear a hard hat and I am compliant, as far as I can tell, with the law. Work cover, the mob that creates rules around working safely, does not apply to me because I'm not working (in a legal sense). I'm participating in the extreme sport called "owner building". I'm also an extremely hard core environmentalist - I recycle as much as I can - nothing wrong with that!

The sarking took a while to come off.

I tried to gently lower the tiles down from the ceiling. Really was a waste of time. The pulleys worked well though.

No comments: