Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tiles All Gone

Today was a bit of a catch up day. I wanted to dispose all of the tiles yesterday, but I ran out of time. Anyway yay! all done.

I'm still trying to judge how much my vehicle can carry. I'm sort of using the rear mud flaps as a guide. I guess I try to make sure that are only just touching the ground. But this is a bit harder on sloping grassy ground. Anyway, I did realise that I probably was carrying too much when it took ages to get going from a hill start at a traffic light (without a hand brake). I generally don't do handbrake starts - never really needed to - I have not done one in ages. But I have been practising in case I over load my vehicle again. The Ute has one of those console twist hand brakes - It is sure weird using it to do a handbrake start.

From experience, I have a check list to determine if your vehicle is over loaded
1) Your mud flaps are dragging on the ground.
2) When you brake to a stop, your vehicle noticeably recoils.
3) You need to use second gear going up a hill in which you would normally use forth.
4) Neighbours make sarcastic comments to you.

Anyway, I really not too concerned about overloading my vehicle from a point of view of damaging it. The reason being is that you see plenty of pictures of over loaded vehicles in third world countries. I'm more worried about causing an accident with some P plater cutting in front of me.


No comments: