Monday, June 13, 2011

New improved temp controlled fridge

After working out I can use the MTC-3000 for a temperature controller for both cooling and heating, I fitted it as an upgrade to my beer brewing fridge.

In my previous blog entry a converted a whole pile of giberious into a fancy state diagram just to really understand how it works.

The MTC-3000 (which I bought cheap off the net) is really only designed for a industrial fridge. However, it does support a frost free mode (ie auto defrost). I hooked up the defrost to the power point - which in turn powers the mortein 10Watt bug killer which I use as a heater. The fridge is set to turn on at 22 degrees and turn off at 20. The heater (defrost) is set to 18 degrees (or lower). But because it is a defrost controller it I've configured it to turn it on for 30 minutes on a hour cycle while the temp is below 18 degrees.


You can see I actually ripped out the fridge's thermostat. I'm not too sure how much I would be able to sell my modified fridge on the net for. The power point is in a bad position - I'll move it tomorrow.

No comments: