Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ozito Cement Mixer

In spite of some initial concerns with the cement mixer groaning, after mixing a total of around 3 cubic metres of concrete, I'm pretty happy with in. It does a full bag mix and it is also great for mixing soil.

I found that during my driveway laying, the cement mixer was almost always going. After it finished mixing, I'd dump the concrete into the wheel barrow and start up another mix. I would only start placing the concrete once the next mix was going. I think it would be a bit tedious to use a smaller mixer.

Certainly mixing the cement yourself, you don't need any helpers. Possibly one person full time on the mixer to guarentee 100% utilisation may be worth it for a big job.

I'd use it to put in a small slab for a small home workshop - say 2 x 3 metres but that is probably about it. It is great for DIY paths.

By the end of half a day's mixing, I really needed to blast it with a pressure cleaner to clean out the bowl.

No comments: