Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Block Work Disappointment

I spoke to a carpenter today about putting up the frame. I showed him some of the blockwork that looked a little bit bowed to me. He shook his head and said it must be 30mil out. I rang the block layers straight away and complained. After a few phone calls, they aggreed to come out and fix it, but I have to demolish the existing blocks (core filled and reinforced - don't forget) and get some new ones. The main guy said someone must have knocked it or something.

Very disappointing, but I didn't noticed it until yesterday. Hopefully I have learnt a lesson to be more observant - I'm generally good at observation. After getting over the disappointment, I think it will cost be about a day.

I even remembered the block layer who laid that section. His is not as concientious as the others - the main guy and the other one is - asking for steel etc. It is funny how you get to know different people's personality very quickly when it has a direct impact on you.

I put on some more water proofing paint before rain stopped play. After that I took out some of the rubbish to the tip.

On another note, the tail of my belt is getting annoying - it flops around getting in the way. I must look like a dag with an over sized belt.

No comments: