Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10-20mm of Rain

It was predicted that there was a 90% chance of 10-20mm of rain falling today. At first light I went around making sure the site was prepared. I even dug a trench to try to re-direct water off to the park. I only got 1mm of rain. The Sydney CBD, on the other hand, on Wednesday got 30mm!



Due to the weather, I didn't want to start laying plastic or the steel yet, so I went around doing my standby tasks like finishing off the cages for the down stairs columns, putting up a support post for the water taps, finishing cutting the holes in the pier caps, back filling the sewer pipe work and more measuring out.



I got my pier inspections done for the sewer. The guy was fairly inpressed. At one point, the sewer was 1.85m deep and I had a 2.7m deep pier hole. It is sure not cheap - $450 for 5 minutes of inspecting on their part.

No comments: