Saturday, June 6, 2009

First Cage and Shoring up the Shoring

The steel arrived last night around 6pm - I was not there - it gets too dark to see around 5:30. They forgot the tie wire and fast wheels. I went down to the local concrete place and got some and decided that I will try to wire up a cage.

It was really difficult. I tried tying the wire tight so it didn't slip - that didn't work. I tried tying with the cage lying down - it kept on collapsing. Eventually I tried standing the whole thing up. that seemed to work, but I am concerned that all of the coils will split once the concrete pour started.



I going to try to weld them.

I'm a bit concerned that the footings are going to take ages to pour so I have tried to shore up the shoring using wooden beams and star pickets.

No comments: