Saturday, June 20, 2009

Concrete Piers Poured

I got all the concrete piers poured today. An then it started to rain - it caused quite of flood in my excavation.

The day started well enough. The concrete pump truck arrived just before 7am. It has a huge boom - long enough to reach my piers at the back.



It remained fine while the concrete guys filled the piers. I asked for 140-160mm slump so that vibration was not necessary. However, the concretor got 130mm 25mpa, 10mm aggregate and vibrated the concrete. I was pretty happy. 130mm slump is very runny.



Then it started to rain and rain and rain. I covered everything as much as possible, but the piers for Sydney Water's sewer protection were soon underwater. They should be OK as the rain was not allowed to rip into it and there was not much current with the water not really going anywhere.



I went home to have a warm shower and then headed back to do the finishing. It took all the forms holding the post holders off and mad sure the outside ones were properly domed.

Then there was a thud - some of the retaining shoring moved - oops. I'm really hoping for no rain in the next couple of days. They are predicting 10-20mm tomorrow and Monday - :(

The results are in and 34mmof rain fell yesterday. I'm thinking my shoring will not last much longer.


No comments: