Monday, June 15, 2009

A Catastophe! aka Moving a Hole

I started forming the down stairs columns, but there was a catastrophe! On of the holes was so badly aligned, I would not be able to mount a column on it! I though and though and decided I will move the hole. It turned out fairly easy as the sub grade is mostly compacted sand. I back filled the void with the excavated sand.



I put a lid on each of the piers with a hole in it to suit the column. I'm getting 140-160mm slump concrete so I though I would try to seal the form with some other concrete. I hope this goes well.


Here is a picture of a finished cage ready to put into a pier...



I started welding up the cages for the down stairs piers.

The steel for the footings arrived - yay!

I rang up the concretor and canceled the two steel workers for Wednesday and Thursday and delayed the pour by a week. I think I am getting a handle on this assertive thing. I'm started to use terms like "I have decided" rather than "I would like to".

No comments: