Monday, June 1, 2009

Piers

I found that the accuracy of the bored piers were not up to scratch, so I have decided to realign the columns by cutting them back and placing a smaller column on top.

Today I just put a plywood top on all the piers. One of them, I cut a 30cm diameter hole with a router. I put the hole exactly where it should be. The form work for this is quite interesting. Concrete put huge pressure on the form work and it can be a bit tragic if thing blow. To this end I have securely fasten the plywood to the piers using blocks of wood.

Some steel arrived today. Not everything - I'm going to have to chase them up about this.

I also spoke to a couple of plumbers, one of them called his mate - a real sales man who didn't seem to be interested in what I was trying to do. He seemed to want to sell me every single upgrade possible. Fortunately, the other plumber was down to earth and was OK with my suggestion - which is just to put a riser from the sewer and deal with the rest after the footing have been poured.

No comments: