Monday, July 13, 2009

Blockwork Half Done

Most of the initial blockwork is done. There are internal walls so I call it half done.



There are two or four courses to go (depending upon whether it is supporting a post).



You can probably guess that it is charcoal rock face.


I can just fit behind the wall for most of the wall. I might have to train my daughter.

The block layers really could not work out what I was doing have the rock face on the inside. The boss guy even rang me up and offered to undo the work that he did on Friday and turn the rock face around. Liz and I discussed this, but we felt that we have it right. We want the garage not to overwhelm the main part of the house. A neutral grey plain block on the out side seems to do the trick. We will see. I think the rock face works well internally as it is a big area and a plain face may look at bit drab.

All the external walls facing the front are rock face. The side and rear are plain.

No comments: