Thursday, July 2, 2009

Footings Poured

The inspector came and looked around passed my steel fixing work. I was so relieved.



The concretors did their job perfectly (Universal Concrete Construction). They used a laser level to make sure that the footings were perfectly level for the blockwork. I was pretty happy with everything. I helped out holding the laser level staff. There were 7 people. A concrete truck operator, a pump operator (Clint) , a guy directing the nozzel (John), a guy vibrating (Rob), a guy screeding (Mitch) , a zypex guy (I wanted water proof concrete) and me.

26 cublic metres of xypex got poured. The reason why the plastic exists is to help the concrete cure propertly.

He is Mitch saying something to Rob... We were talking about Micheal Jackson for a bit, so I suspect it was about that. Clint is controlling the pump by remote control - avoiding trees and power poles.



This is John (the main man) and Mitch in action.



Here are the completed footings. I don't really know what the RL is but, I'll figure that out later. The main thing is that they are level, there is enough cover and all of the starter bars are above the concrete. I'll have to bend some up as some are pretty low.



Here is the north east corner retaining wall. Of course the slab starts 200mm higher than the footings. So I guess it is going to start above ground level.



I stripped off the formwork (pier liner) from one of the post holders and here it is:

No comments: