Friday, July 24, 2009

Slab Steel

The slab's steel arrived today. 22 x SL92 - Another 1.5 tons of steel. Initially the guy said he would have to but it on the verge - oh no! Then we worked out he could put it just in front of the house if I removed the fence. Then I offered to give him $50 if he could put it into the garage. He did it! Only then he told me that it was illegal to do what he did - opps. I guess that means unsafe or something.



It took me the day to umm and arr about how to lay the mesh. I ended up cutting them in two and putting them in a pattern around the piers. The mesh cut in half were nice and manageable 33kg sheets. I layed out just over half the mesh. Not bad going as the concreter said it would take a couple of guys two days to do the whole thing.



Yesterday I nailed expansion foam to the sides of the block walls using micky pins.



The surveyor came today and marked out the RL on one of the posts.

No comments: