Thursday, July 30, 2009

Water Proofing

I've started the water proofing of the retaining wall. Yesterday I went around patching up any holes with mortar.

I also used some of the excess mortar to re-attach some bricks in a retaining wall in the park next to our place. They are a little bit wonky, but that is because I ran some steel re-inforcement (gal n16) through them. My guess is that they originally got knocked off my a push bike glacing the side of the wall. I also used white mortar so hopefully it will fade with mold to match the rest of the mortar. I found the bricks, that matched the rest of the wall, in my back yard sometime ago.

I managed to squirm and fit beside some of the tighter spots between the block wall and my shoring. Incidently I tried to tighten up my belt again today - it seems to be stretching - and I ran out of holes. I may have to put another one in. I'm fond of this leather belt, I've had it since University.

I managed to put the primer on with about 1/3 of the drum left. I may put on a second coat tomorrow.

No comments: