Saturday, July 11, 2009

Water Proofing

I prepared the rear of the block wall for the water proofing. I sent Liz to get the water proofing chemical - it took her a couple of hours. I got some water based water proofing called DUROPROOF BLW - liquid membrane (Duromastic BLW) and DUROPRIME ARW - Water Based Internal Priming. http://www.wrimcowaterproofing.com.au It cost me around $600 which doesn't seem too bad to me.

It is for less critical applications such as retaining walls and planters. It is very difficult to any liquid based water proofer to delivery 100% tanking and hey it is a garage.

I did a pre-dawn coating this morning and I was out of there by 7:30am. The BLW was purple with a viscosity of vegimite. Apparently it dries black.

I'm only applying it to the really narrow spot around near the tree roots and on the other side.

No comments: