Monday, July 20, 2009

sketchup

The blockouts got put in place today. They block the cement from falling out of the wall.

The rock face made it difficult as normally the form ply would come up over the second layer of blocks. The worker (Carlos) didn't want to cut his ply down to just to fit the first blocks. I spoke to the main concreter guy and we kind of worked out that this was the only way it would be successful. Carlos ended up cutting his ply. At the suggestion of the concreter, I ran silicone and gap filler over the top to fill up any gaps. Some were 1.5cm wide!

Carlos used a ramset gun to hold the 4x2 against the bottom of the formwork and nailed in small pieces of ply to brace the top of the formwork.

The other option, which I could have done, if I had known is to hold the form against the blockwork by tying it to the reo bars. I should have saved some money and done that.



I played around with google's sketchup last night and modeled the garage.




All of the post holders are tied down with N16s so they won't experience lift off without lifting up the garage - around 200 tons.

No comments: